St John’s Church, Church Lane, Barford St John.
The Church of England chapel of St John was built in about 1150 but only the south doorway and the font survive. The chancel was rebuilt in the 13th century and the windows in the nave were added in the decorated style in the 14th century.
There was a tower at the southwest corner of the church with the date 1622 on the stone near the top.
In the 1860-61 the architect G E Street rebuilt the church, demolishing the tower and replacing it with a new one over the south porch.
Vicar – Rev’d Annie Goldthorp Tel 01869 349869
Church Warden – Mrs A Brett Tel 01869 338300
PCC secretary – Mrs A Brett Tel 01869 338300
More information from the Church of England website for Barford St John